Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Ashleigh's Star

Each wish child is given a special star. They write their name on it, and put it into a slot and close the lid. An animated star fairy comes on a screen and "takes" their star to put it with all the others that will stay in the Castle of Miracles. As you can see in the picture, Ashleigh had trouble fitting her name on the small star, so the "h" on top of her name is the one that is supposed to be at the end. When she runs out of room, she just starts a new line! This is a special memory for all the wish children who come to Give Kids the World. The entire ceiling is now covered with stars, and Ashleigh's star is located on banner number 1. They had to add some banners to hold the stars because the ceiling is now completed covered. She was also given a commorative star to keep at home. It gives me mixed feelings looking around at all the shining stars. I am saddened that so many children are afflicted with life-threatening diseases. I am tearful wondering how many of the "stars" are now angels. I am blessed knowing that Ashleigh's star shines bright with hope.

1 comment:

John Batchelder said...

Amy
It looks like you all had a great time and that Wishes Really Do Come True!

I'm a fan of the blog! Keep it up. I'm going to link it to my own
http://feathersandfur.blogspot.com

Love to all
John Batchelder