Wednesday, July 30, 2008

GKTW Odds and Ends (part 1)


Do you know what this is? It's a trash can! There are several of these characters around the campus, and all of them say "I Love You" on them. I believe there is a slight suction to them to help the trash go in. We had to keep Ashleigh away, she kept putting her hand in there! (she thought it was funny).

Here is a park bench that looks like it was created by a child or children. I was not able to find out the history of it, but there are also several of these around the campus. It could be a child who has passed away, or it could be donated by kids for kids. One thing I have learned, everything on the campus has a "story", but you don't always figure out what it is.


This was a cool wall that we passed often on our walk to the many evening events at the theater. It is a mural, and it depicts many of our holidays. Thanksgiving, Halloween, Easter, Valentine's Day, Independence Day, Hanukkah and Christmas. The use of the animals was cute.

We saw these personalized stones in many places along the walkway through the main campus. I asked Alex one day if he had heard anything about these stones, but he had not. I believe he found some information later on their website. This is another way they raise funds. You can purchase a brick for $200 and have an inscription put on it. I think it is a really neat idea, and we plan on doing this, probably next year.


The House of Hearts is the first place you see when you drive through the entrance and past the guard house. It is the administration building. You check-in, attend orientation, rent a movie, get a camera, relax in the tv room, or ask any question! They are open 24 hours a day, so you can always get help if you need it. They have their processes down, and everything runs really smoothly. This is where I would take my laptop to update this blog while we were there because they have a high speed internet connection here. The people working here were great and we really appreciate them!

1 comment:

Lisa Phillips said...

That trash can is too cool! How fun! I might even have to stick my hand in too (once) :) Sounds like the park thought of everything.